Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Net Book Sleeve out of Katia Samba

Well, I loved this beautiful yarn the moment I saw it in a beautiful LYS near a hotel I was staying at: Pins & Needles in Ruckersville, VA....I bought 4 balls and after playing with it for a year or so realized I didnt' have enough to make a shrug or small top so I made several mitered squares and then tried to figure out what I could turn the squares into....this is the result...used about 112 grams of yarn: figured that out by weighing the finished product minus the weight of the stnap. size G 4mm hook.

Super easy to make this...if you know how to crochet a mtered square; just go until they are about 8 inches square and block the squares as it will make them much more even. Then after blocking single crochet around each square...Slip stitch 4 together to make one big square. Then fold in the corners like a big envelope and slip stitch the bottom 3 triangles together leaving the fourth open for the flap...What could be easier????



I still have a ball and a half left....I am considering adding a strap to change it to a purse; but am not sure I want to do that as I was thinking of making some little amulet bags for the farmer's market out of it.

PLease let me know what you think!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your work and I am looking for great items for consignment in our store at Shatley Springs. Would you be interested in this? Your story and love for your craft fits into our requirements. Check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Everything-Has-A-Story/153332548044502

    ReplyDelete